How We Do It
We proactively identify organisations that meet our criteria (see below) to participate in our YES! Programme. We then meet with and gather information about the organisation to help us carry out an assessment on the suitability for the organisation to participate in the Programme. Once approved, a formal agreement is then signed before participation in the Programme begins.
We are currently supporting organisations based in the urban areas of Arusha. We aim to expand this to other urban areas of Tanzania in the future.
To participate in our Programme, the organisation should be:
- focused on improving the lives of the most disadvantaged young people.
- currently providing (or seeking to provide) inclusive sport and/or sport for development activities within its programme.
- registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation, Community Based Organisation or a not-for profit company limited by guarantee.
- operating for at least 2 years with at least one full-time member of staff.
- able to provide annual accounts for the most recent 2 years.
- providing activities which are open to all sections of the community regardless of gender or religion (no proselytising).
The criteria are for guidance and discretion may be used to decide whether an organisation can be considered for the Programme.
Our Programme is based on three pillars:
- Increasing participation & inclusion.
- Youth development.
The Programme provides a free, tailored package of support for which consists of three elements: -
- Sport for Development Plans – we facilitate the design and support the implementation of a 2 -year development plan which includes training and financial support so that the organisation has the skills, knowledge and resources to grow and sustain its work.
- Projects – we collaborate with organisations to develop proposals, secure funding and implement new sport for development projects.
- Networking – we bring leaders together to collaborate and share good practice.
This is delivered through a Programme Manager who is an expert in facilitation, training and project management.